Background Check Request form
The Douglas County Sheriff's Records Division provides Criminal History Record Information (record checks) to private companies, public entities, and individual citizens wishing to conduct background checks.
Completed background checks are returned by mail or picked up in person.
If a business is requesting only one record check, or for individual citizens requesting record checks, the request(s) must be obtained by mailing a request to the Records Division which is located at:
1616 Leavenworth St.
Omaha, NE 68102.
Requests may also be made in person at the Records Division office.
The procedure for Mailing a request is as follows:
- A completed Criminal History Request Form (ASF-119), or duplicate of the form must be submitted for each individual whose record is requested.
- The fee for each record check requested must accompany each request unless an account has been set-up with the Records Division Manager.
- Checks should be made out to Douglas County Sheriff's Office.
- The completed background check information may only be picked up or returned by mail; results are not sent electronically.
Fees for Background Checks:
- Law Enforcement Agency request pursuant to a criminal investigation - No Charge
- Law Enforcement Agency for personal or pre-employment screening - $10.00
- All non-law enforcement requests - $10.00
*Note only Checks or Cash (bills no larger than $20.00) are accepted for payment.*