Project Extra Mile Statistics May 2009
During April-May 2009, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office (DCSO) participated in the statewide campaign “Project Extra Mile,” an effort to prevent underage drinking. Deputies worked a total of five (5) operations, two (2) business compliance and three (3) selective enforcement operations, between 25 April and 29 May 2009. The Nebraska Office of Highway Safety (NOHS) provided grant funding ($4,700.00) for this effort.
During the “Project Extra Mile” campaign, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office compiled the below listed statistics:
- 11 Arrests For Sale Of Alcohol To Minors
- 18 Arrests For Minor In Possession Of Alcohol
- 2 Arrests For Driving Under The Influence (DUI)
- 2 Arrests For DUI—Zero Tolerance
- 2 Citations For POP Violations
- 1 Arrest For Driving Under Suspension
- 5 Drug-Related Arrests
- 51 Businesses Checked For Compliance
- 147 Minors Contacted
- 29 Vehicle Stops
- 37 Parks Checked
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is committed to making the streets of Douglas County safer for everyone. The DCSO has zero tolerance for DWI/DUI, minors in possession of alcohol, and the sale of alcohol to minors. We also strongly encourage the citizens of Douglas County to drive safely and utilize safety belts and child safety seats, as they are proven to save lives.