Click-it-or-ticket Statistics for May 2009
During the month of May 2009, from May 18 through May 31, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office was involved in the statewide “Click It or Ticket” Selective Safety Belt and Child Safety Seat Enforcement, in a coordinated effort to increase the use of safety belts by all passengers and child safety restraints for children. This selective enforcement was conducted during various hours at high traffic areas and areas of high accident occurrences within Douglas County. The enforcement effort was funded through grant monies ($19,000) provided by the Nebraska Office of Highway Safety (NOHS).
During the “Click It or Ticket” selective enforcement, the Douglas county Sheriff’s Office compiled the following statistical totals:
- Total # of Traffic Stops Made: 130
- Total # of Citations Issued: 37
- Total # of Citations for Safety Belt Violations: 5
- Total # of Citations for Child Passenger Safety: 2
- Total # of Warnings Issued: 89
- Total # of Warnings for Safety Belt Violations: 6
- Total # of Warnings for Child Passenger Safety: 0
- Total # of DUI Arrests: 2
- Total # of Drug Related Arrests: 3
- Total # of Felony Arrests: 1
- Total # of Misdemeanor Arrests: 6
Our goal, with this selective enforcement, was to gain awareness to the importance of safety belts and child safety restraint use and to increase the usage of safety belts and child safety restraints statewide. We, as a community, must strive for 100% safety belt and child safety seat compliance.
SAFETY BELTS and CHILD SAFETY SEATS SAVE LIVES! PLEASE BUCKLE UP!