6-3-08 Sheriff Participates in Statewide "Click-it or Ticket"
RELEASE DATE: 03 June 2008
During the weeks of 19 MAY 2008 through 01 JUNE 08, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office was involved in the statewide “Click It or Ticket”
Selective Safety Belt and Child Safety Seat Enforcement, in a coordinated effort to increase the use of safety belts by all passengers and child safety restraints for children. This selective enforcement was conducted during various hours at high traffic areas and areas of high accident occurrences within Douglas County. During the “Click It or Ticket” selective enforcement, the Douglas county Sheriff’s Office compiled the below listed statistic totals in various categories:
- 467 Traffic Stop Contacts were made
- 207 traffic citations were issued as a result of those traffic stops
- 28 citations were issued for safety belt violations
- 10 citations were issued for child safety seat violations
- 159 warning citations were issued
- 16 warnings were issued for safety belt and child safety seat violations
- 1 felony drug arrest was made
- 21 misdemeanor arrests were made
Our goal, with this selective enforcement, was to gain awareness to the importance of safety belts and child safety restraint use and to increase the usage of safety belts and child safety restraints statewide. We, as a community, must strive for 100% safety belt and child safety seat compliance.
SAFETY BELTS and CHILD SAFETY SEATS SAVE LIVES! PLEASE BUCKLE UP!